Meet the Board of Trustees
Board of Trustees
Our church is run by a seven-member Board of Trustees. They are charged with the duty of keeping the church solvent, hiring staff, dealing with “business things”, and guiding our direction.
Board members are elected by the congregation at our Annual Meeting in May, and serve one or two-year terms. There is a President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer, and three members at large.
Unitarian Universalist congregations are free to run themselves as they see fit, and although they receive their charter from the national body (the Unitarian Universalist Association headquartered in Boston, Mass.), we govern ourselves.
Current Board – 2016-2017
- Jim Gentile, President (18)
- Melissa Hutchison, Vice President (18)
- Karen York, Treasurer (18)
- Judy Pereira, Secretary (17)
- Art Wexler, Member at Large (17)
- Charlie Roberts, Member at Large (17)
- Damon Smith, Member at Large (18)
year given is end of term, e.g. (17) means through 6/30/2017